You are here

A residence on the 14100 block of S. Parker Road exploded after a natural gas leak was reported on the afternoon of Thursday, Dec. 15, in Homer Glen. Photos by Paul Bergstrom/22nd Century Media
Firefighters take stock of the damage at the home.
Responding emergency personnel tend to the residence that exploded and nearby residents.
Thomas Czaja, Editor
10:25 am CST December 16, 2016
A father and daughter were injured during a home explosion the afternoon of Thursday, Dec. 15, in Homer Glen, according to the Will County Sheriff’s Office. The source of a natural gas leak that began that afternoon was found by Nicor Gas crews after working overnight following the home explosion, according to Nicor.